Wärtsilä Ship Power's strategic goal is to be the leading provider of innovative products and integrated solutions to the marine and oil & gas industries.
To achieve this we will build on our deep customer understanding and:
- Solidify our leading position in solutions for gas fuelled vessels, environmental compliance and efficiency optimisation
- Further develop our position as the shipbuilding industry's leading systems integrator
- Provide a competitive offering of products for the growing needs of the marine and oil & gas markets
- Seek further growth through the ability to offer the most efficient lifecycle solutions for our customers.
As a solutions provider, we are ready to deliver everything from a single product to complete lifecycle support of complex systems for powering ships; from concept development to operational use. We are uniquely positioned in being the industry's only true provider of a total marine offering. Our wide range of products is supported by world class ship design, engineering, and project delivery capabilities, all of which allow us to provide solutions that optimise the lifecycle value of our customers’ installations.
We see important mid-term growth opportunities in solutions for gas fuelled vessels, environmental compliance and efficiency optimisation. Wärtsilä is already well positioned in these areas, having the most extensive experience and track record in running gas engines, a unique portfolio of products for emissions control and abatement, and a holistic approach to ship-level efficiency optimisation through our engineering and ship design capabilities.
Wärtsilä Ship Power seeks organic growth that will be supported by targeted acquisitions and partnerships. We develop and deliver our offering of innovative and competitive products based on the requirements of our customer segments and the operating profiles of their vessels. Together with the Services business, we offer ship owners and operators integrated lifecycle solutions, whereby performance and availability are guaranteed. We will maintain our position as the shipbuilding industry's leading systems integrator, and will further strengthen our already strong foothold in the oil & gas business. Finally, we will invest further in strengthening our presence and maximising the efficiency of our supply chain, engineering and sales, especially in the key shipbuilding areas, notably China, South Korea and Brazil.
Ship Power’s strengths
- The broadest portfolio of reliable and high performing products and solutions in the marine and offshore oil & gas industries, supported by the industry's strongest global services network
- An unmatched track record in providing gas fuelled vessels with dual-fuel technology and gas systems
- The most comprehensive selection of options for meeting our customers’ needs concerning fuel flexibility, efficiency and environmental requirements
- A unique synergy between ship design and engineering capabilities that allows us to maximise a vessel's efficiency throughout its lifecycle
- A strong presence in all the major marine and offshore oil & gas segments, thereby allowing us to navigate ship building cycles