Good development in profitability
This interim report is unaudited.
Second quarter highlights
- Order intake increased 9% to EUR 1,163 million (1,071)
- Net sales decreased 2% to EUR 1,132 million (1,152)
- Book-to-bill 1.03 (0.93)
- Operating result before non-recurring items EUR 122 million, or 10.8% of net sales (EUR 111 million or 9.6%)
- Earnings per share EUR 0.42 (0.39)
- Cash flow from operating activities EUR 61 million (38)
Highlights of the review period January-June 2014
- Order intake decreased 5% to EUR 2,305 million (2,424)
- Net sales increased 5% to EUR 2,144 million (2,034)
- Book-to-bill 1.07 (1.19)
- Operating result before non-recurring items EUR 212 million, or 9.9% of net sales (EUR 181 million or 8.9%)
- Earnings per share EUR 0.73 (0.76)
- Cash flow from operating activities EUR 172 million (122)
- Order book at the end of the period decreased 4% to EUR 4,554 million (4,763)
Events after the reporting period
- Wärtsilä and China State Shipbuilding Corporation announced the establishment of a joint venture, which will take over Wärtsilä’s two-stroke engine business. Going forward, the two-stroke engine business will be reported as discontinued operations.
- Wärtsilä and China State Shipbuilding Corporation announced the establishment of a joint venture for manufacturing medium and large bore medium-speed diesel and dual-fuel engines.
Make a note?