The strategic goal of Wärtsilä Marine Solutions is to be the leading provider of innovative products and integrated solutions to the marine and oil & gas industries. To achieve this the aim is to build on deep understanding of the customers’ needs and:
- Solidify the company’s leading position in solutions for gas fuelled vessels, environmental compliance, and efficiency optimisation
- Further develop the company’s position as the shipbuilding industry's leading systems integrator
- Provide a competitive offering of products for the growing needs of the marine and oil & gas markets
- Seek further growth through the ability to offer customers the most efficient lifecycle solutions.
As a solutions provider, Wärtsilä is ready to deliver everything from a single product to complete lifecycle support of complex systems for powering ships; from concept development to operational use. As the industry's only true provider of a total marine offering, Wärtsilä is uniquely positioned. The extensive range of products is supported by world class ship design, engineering, and project delivery capabilities, all of which facilitate the provision of solutions that optimise the lifecycle value of customers’ installations.
Important mid-term growth opportunities are envisioned in solutions for gas fuelled vessels, environmental compliance, and efficiency optimisation. Wärtsilä is already well positioned in these areas, having the most extensive experience and an unrivalled track record in delivering gas engines, a unique portfolio of products for emissions control and abatement, and a holistic approach to ship-level efficiency optimisation through the company’s engineering and ship design capabilities.
Wärtsilä Marine Solutions seeks organic growth that will be supported by targeted acquisitions and partnerships. The offering of innovative and competitive products is developed and delivered based on the requirements of the various customer segments and the operating profiles of their vessels. Together with the Services business, Wärtsilä Marine Solutions offers ship owners and operators integrated lifecycle solutions, with guaranteed performance and availability. Wärtsilä will maintain its position as the shipbuilding industry's leading systems integrator, and will further strengthen its already strong foothold in the oil & gas business. Finally, the company will invest further in strengthening its presence and maximising the efficiency of its supply chain, engineering and sales, especially in the key shipbuilding areas, notably China and South Korea.
Marine Solutions’ strengths
- The broadest portfolio of reliable and high performing products and solutions in the marine and offshore oil & gas industries, supported by the industry's strongest global service network
- An unmatched track record in providing gas fuelled vessels with dual-fuel technology and gas systems
- The most comprehensive selection of options for meeting the needs of customers concerning fuel flexibility, efficiency, and environmental requirements
- A strong position and good customer understanding in navigation and automation systems for cruise and large cargo vessels
- A unique synergy between ship design and engineering capabilities enabling the maximisation of a vessel's efficiency throughout its lifecycle
- A strong presence in all the major marine and offshore oil & gas segments, thereby allowing shipbuilding cycles to be navigated