Wärtsilä Corporation Interim Report Q3 2015

Net sales

Wärtsilä’s net sales for the third quarter increased by 9% to EUR 1,222 million (1,117) compared to the corresponding period last year. Net sales for Energy Solutions decreased by 14% to EUR 243 million (282). Marine Solutions’ net sales totalled EUR 448 million (363), which is 23% higher than in the corresponding quarter last year. Net sales from the Services business increased by 12% to EUR 531 million (472), supported primarily by growth in parts orders and field service activities.

Wärtsilä’s net sales for January-September 2015 increased by 6% to EUR 3,439 million (3,230). Net sales for Energy Solutions totalled EUR 752 million (705), an increase of 7%. Marine Solutions’ net sales totalled EUR 1,122 million (1,150), a decrease of 2%. Net sales from the Services business increased by 14% to EUR 1,565 million (1,375). Of the total net sales, Energy Solutions accounted for 22%, Marine Solutions for 33% and Services for 45%.

Of Wärtsilä’s net sales for January-September 2015, approximately 63% was EUR denominated, 20% USD denominated, with the remainder being split between several currencies.

 

Net sales by business
MEUR 7-9/2015 7-9/2014 Change 1-9/2015 1-9/2014 Change 2014
Energy Solutions 243 282 -14% 752 705 7% 1 138
Marine Solutions1 448 363 23% 1 122 1 150 -2% 1 702
Services 531 472 12% 1 565 1 375 14% 1 939
Net sales, total 1 222 1 117 9% 3 439 3 230 6% 4 779
1 MSI's contribution to net sales was EUR 125 million in the third quarter of 2015 and EUR 155 million in the review period January-September.

Note

Make a note?

Close

For the best experience of our Annual Report, please update your browser to a newer version.