Wärtsilä Services strives to be recognised as a reliable service partner; namely competitive, trusted, and easy to deal with. Wärtsilä is committed to growing its service business by:
- Developing closer partnerships with existing customers through superior customer service
- Developing and digitalising the offering to create new competitive advantages
- Exploring opportunities within new customer segments by leveraging on current competences
- Acquiring businesses in growing markets.
Services continuously develops its global footprint and operations in order to meet and exceed customer expectations. This is the basis upon which business with existing customers will grow. Further growth is sought by strengthening our service offering in response to our customers' increased interest in lifecycle solutions, thereby providing them with both lower costs and improved operational efficiency.
An important growth area is the digitalisation of the existing offering and the development of a new digital offering to further increase revenue potential, transparency, availability, and performance. Wärtsilä Genius services enable the real-time optimisation of customers’ assets, improved predictability, and help in the solving of issues with digital solutions. Other examples of the increased transparency and availability made possible through digital innovations are the Wärtsilä Online Services platform for spare parts ordering and tracking and technical support, as well as remote service concepts, such as the Virtual Service Engineer. In 2016, Wärtsilä’s digitalisation capabilities were enhanced with the acquisition of Eniram, a Finland-based clean technology company providing the marine industry with energy management and analytics solutions. The acquisition of Eniram will enable Wärtsilä to grow and strengthen its in-house know-how, and expand its offering from asset performance optimisation to operations optimisation.
Wärtsilä’s current competences and capabilities within, for instance, in-situ machining, reconditioning, and field services, place the company in a unique position to provide services to new customer segments, such as Hydro and Industrial, and to extend the offering to customers who operate a variety of equipment – regardless of the manufacturer.
- Long-term relationships with customers and an in-depth understanding of their operations and needs
- A complete lifecycle offering
- The broadest service portfolio in the industry
- An unmatched global service network
- Operations and asset performance optimisation enabled by holistic business understanding and extensive customer legacy
- State-of-the-art digital solutions for enhancing customers’ businesses based on optimising, predicting and solving, utilising benefits of real-time data, and data analytics.