Close

Annual Report 2013

q4 2013

q3 2013

q2 2013

q1 2013

Annual Report 2014

q4 2014

q3 2014

q2 2014

q1 2014

Annual Report 2015

q4 2015

q3 2015

q2 2015

q1 2015

q1 2016

q2 2016

q3 2016

Shares and shareholders

During January-September 2016, the volume of trades on Nasdaq Helsinki was 74,801,413 shares, equivalent to a turnover of EUR 2,851 million. Wärtsilä's shares are also traded on alternative exchanges, such as Chi-X, Turquoise and BATS. The total trading volume on these alternative exchanges was 69,554,159 shares.

Shares on Nasdaq Helsinki
Number of Number of
shares and shares traded
30.9.2016 votes 1-9/2016
WRT1V 197 241 130 74 801 413
1.1. - 30.9.2016 High Low Average 1 Close
Share price 41.88 33.90 38.12 40.07
1 Trade-weighted average price
30.9.2016 30.9.2015
Market capitalisation, EUR million 7 903 6 996
Foreign shareholders, % 54.0 51.2

Flagging notifications

During the review period January-September 2016, BlackRock Inc. informed Wärtsilä of the following changes in ownership:

On 23 September, BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited increased its holding in Wärtsilä. Following the transaction BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited owned 5.05% of Wärtsilä’s shares and voting rights, while their total holding in Wärtsilä Corporation corresponded to 5.06%.

On 21 September, BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited decreased its holding in Wärtsilä, crossing below the 5% disclosure limit on shares and voting rights and on total holdings.

On 16 September, BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited increased its holding in Wärtsilä. Following the transaction BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited owned 5.00% of Wärtsilä’s shares and voting rights, while their total holding in Wärtsilä Corporation corresponded to 5.01%.

On 25 August, BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited decreased its holding in Wärtsilä, crossing below the 5% disclosure limit on both holdings of shares and voting rights and total holdings.

On 3 May, BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited increased its holding in Wärtsilä. Following the transaction, BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited owned 5.01% of Wärtsilä’s shares and voting rights and 0.12% of shares and voting rights through financial instruments, corresponding to a total holding of 5.13%.

On 27 April, BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited increased its holding in Wärtsilä. Following the transaction, BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited’s total holding in Wärtsilä Corporation corresponded to 5.01%.

The total number of shares held by BlackRock, Inc. has remained above 5% of Wärtsilä’s share capital and total votes throughout the review period.

Note

Make a note?

Close

For the best experience of our Annual Report, please update your browser to a newer version.