X
MenuClose
Open navigation

Net sales

Note

Add a note?

Wärtsilä’s net sales for the fourth quarter increased by 6% to EUR 1,532 million (1,441), supported by improved volumes in Services and Marine Solutions. Net sales for the Services business increased by 4% to EUR 737 million (710). Adjusting for the effects of currency translation, Services’ net sales increased by 5%. Net sales for Energy Solutions was stable at EUR 431 million (425). Marine Solutions’ net sales totalled EUR 364 million (305), which is 19% higher than in the corresponding quarter last year.

Wärtsilä’s net sales for January-December 2018 amounted to EUR 5,174 million (4,911), an increase of 5% over the corresponding period last year thanks largely to higher delivery volumes in the equipment businesses. Net sales from the Services business was solid at EUR 2,426 million (2,407). Adjusting for the effects of currency translation, Services’ net sales increased by 4%. Net sales for Energy Solutions totalled EUR 1,517 million (1,401), an increase of 8%. Marine Solutions’ net sales increased by 12% to EUR 1,232 million (1,104). Of the total net sales, Services accounted for 47%, Energy Solutions for 29%, and Marine Solutions for 24%.

Of Wärtsilä’s net sales for January-December 2018, approximately 67% was EUR denominated, 21% USD denominated, with the remainder being split between several currencies.

Net sales by business
MEUR 10-12/2018 Restated
10-12/2017
Change 1-12/2018 Restated
1-12/2017
Change
Services 737 710 4% 2 426 2 407 1%
Energy Solutions 431 425 1% 1 517 1 401 8%
Marine Solutions 364 305 19% 1 232 1 104 12%
Net sales, total 1 532 1 441 6% 5 174 4 911 5%
Due to the internal reorganisation of service activities, EUR 55 million was transferred from Marine Solutions to Services in the figures for the fourth quarter of 2017 and EUR 177 million for the full year.

Note

Add a note?

Note

Add a note?